1. Where would you like to live? (short term and long term thoughts)Bidah (Innovations) in Marriage Arrangements
2. What type of living arrangements will you want? (i.e. do you mind if someone will be living with us, like my mother or children)
3. The status of my house is that of a (rat, roach or ant infestation, ( or is just a mild problem, or is no problem. Are you o.k. with that?
4. I currently live in an apartment building or home, bad area, medium or good area of town. Can you live with that?
5. How do you want to handle combining, or getting new or used furniture?
Current , Islamic home financing or sharia compliant home mortgages fail to meet many halal requirements. Please see the audio CD's on this matter from Ghassan Al Barqawi. Buying a house through an Islamic Bank. And Zarabozo's information on mortgage.
There are many matters in marriage which Americans, Arabs and others practice in their marriage ceremonies which are innovations in the religion and should be stayed away from because Jabir Ibn Abdullah narrated SAHIH MUSLIM "The best speech is that embodied in the Book of Allah, and the best guidance is the guidance given by Muhammad. The most evil affairs are their innovations; and every innovation is an error." and in the hell.
Some of these bidah (innovations not part of the Islamic wedding ceremony) included 1. Bridesmaids or any similar positions, 2-Getting married in a church 3-Having a wedding with mixed sexes in the same room 4- Playing musical instruments 5. Have the groom come in and dance with the bride publicly. If there was any good in the book it is from Allah, and if there is any bad in this book it is from myself and the Shayton.
If you have any questions regarding marriage and divorce rights, interaction between men and women and other issues see the searchable database at