The following is from The Muslim Creed Vol.4 #6. " Only true Muslims ask men how they acquired their wealth through permissible or impermissible means. Therefore, every Muslim woman who truly hopes to lead a happy married life must inquire about the source of her future husband's wealth, because the honest man is the one who is most capable of building a home and a family that lives in happiness. On the contrary, dishonest men who collect their money from impermissible means will treat their wives the same way they treat their possessions. Their wives will become a purchased commodity. Such commodities lose value with time. There will always be new brands that such men will want to acquire. In poor societies ( or low wage earning families) women have to work to help meet the needs of their families. This, indeed is one of the major calamities and means of destruction that were exported to Muslims societies from the West. Such working women have several difficult jobs; the hardship of pregnancy, the rearing of the children, taking care of the house (if she does not have a servant) and they also carry the burden of working to help their families. In light of this a man should make sure that he is wife able to live with what ever level of income you can provide, especially if the woman is use to more wealth than the brother has. If is important for the brother to be very honest in telling the sister how much he makes. After telling your income make sure she realizes that if she chooses to to marry down that it could be somewhat traumatic. She will not be able to purchase things that she is use to or live in the comfortable style that she may have been accustom to.
1. Do you have any credit cards, loans, or other bills in which you are trying to elude the bill collectors because you are in the land of the Kufar and do not feel that you have to repay the loan? (This act is Not allowed.)
2.Do you have any interest bearing accounts? If so are you prepared to close them?
3. If I do not allow you to work, is there another way you pay any debts that you bring into the marriage, like selling old or useless items? If you don't want her to work, and she does not have another means of paying the debt you must make some type of provision for her, because debts owed to anybody must be paid back!
4. If I am unable to afford medical care or general living expenses will you accept being on public assistance such as Food Stamps, Welfare, Medicaid or WIC .
5. How mindful of you of managing your money, are you careful not to be wasteful, are you forgetful of paying bills on time, do you have a history of writing bad checks, or being harassed by collection agencies?
6.If you have any of your own money regardless of the source, and you allow me to borrow it, do you understand that I must pay it back if you request?
7. Would you want to have access to my earnings?
8. Would you like your own regular salary, if so how much?
9. How much income do you earn per month?
10. Do you send money to your family regularly?
11. If I can not provide 1 years maintenance for you due to an unexpected loss of job or untimely death how will you take care of yourself? (i.e. savings)Audio Files About Marriage
Excellent Social Conduct Talks regarding how to the treat wife kindly by Menk
A Bed of Roses
How to Be an Outstanding Husband & Wife
Fiqh of Love - Marriage in Islam Crisis of Marriage in America Love Notes Lecture |Family & Marriage |Other Lectures on Marriage